- Pre-lift hazard assessments
- Owner, operator, and supervisor responsibilities
- Wire rope construction
- Safety factors and safe working load limits
- Rope and sling inspections
- Hoist line installation procedures
- Types of rigging hitches
- Determining sling types, sizes, and configurations using sling capacity charts
- D/d ratios
- Sling centre of gravity
- Rigging hardware
- Crane and hoist signals
SAFE SLINGING AND RIGGING ONLINE COURSE DURATION: Approximately 5.5 hours
SAFE SLINGING AND RIGGING PRACTICES ONLINE TEST: Testing conducted throughout this online Safe Slinging and Rigging course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved. Supplemental materials necessary to complete this course can be accessed online.
SAFE SLINGING AND RIGGING ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.